2) Educate yourself on the house rules. Sites that offer a low house edge is not going to help you. Pick a site that has a good house edge. Those who fail to do the proper research on this, they tend to make poorer choices in their betting strategies.
3) Part of a good betting strategy is accepting you will lose at times. This is all part of it. Do not chase the loss. This is going to get you nowhere.
4) Remain alert at all times. Betting offers a great opportunity to drink and have fun. Do not give in. A few drinks are okay. but do not go over this. Drinking more will impair your chances of making a good betting choice.
5) Learn a strategy and stick with it. This is hard for some people. Some like to test things out. This is okay in the beginning. Once you have found something that works, stay with it. No one can tell you how to develop a betting strategy. This is something you need to do on your own.
6) Know your limits. This goes for anything in life. Once you have hit your limit, it is not wise to play past it. Only you can know what your limit is. Those who do not know their own limits need to figure them out now. This becomes part of the problem. Proceeding with a bet when you do not know your limit.
7) Do not play when you are tired or overtired. It is the same as playing when you are drunk. You are not performing or thinking at your best.
8) You need to collect the best bonuses. Some players tend to collect any bonus that comes across their path. This is not wise to do. Think of this a collector would. Collectors only go after the rarest and most valuable items. Same rules apply here. You need to pick and choose wisely here.
9) Do not skimp out on the free stuff. Some like to only play for real money. Learn to play the free games. You may not be winning money, but you are winning points. Sometimes points offer more of an advantage than the real money does. Plus, it gives you a break from the stress of playing in real time.
10) You have to know when to quit. Playing with money you cannot afford to lose is inviting trouble into your life. It is inviting it into areas of your life where it should not be. This goes with knowing your limits. Once you feel that twinge, then you know it is time to stop.